Wednesday 23 July 2014

Marriage Is No Big Deal, Instead Work On Yourself- Portia Yamahan


Next Movie Star 2006 reality show winner Portia Yamahan has said there is no big deal in marriage, and instead people should think about themselves instead of focusing on marriage. She says consider your mental status, physical and spiritual abilities before venturing into marriage, that is if it is necessary. She was also quick to say, more so, you could get everything a marriage can offer in a relationship. Things like, having a baby or a man you can always go home too. 

She also narrated how she was deceived into a relationship with a married man. Enjoy her interview with Y!Magazine after the cut.




Q: Are you planning to get married soon?

Ans: Is marriage a big deal, because I don’t understand it? I really don’t see the need for it. I don’t see it yet. Is it about having babies or having someone to go home to? You can have that in a relationship. People ask me when I am getting married, but have they asked me if I am okay physically, mentally, spiritually or if I am sound enough or if I even understand what is called marriage? The journey of marriage for me is a whole lot. You don’t just want to grab the next man available and start telling people we are walking down the aisle. It goes beyond that.

Q: Are you taking a cue from the experiences of your colleagues whose marriages have crashed?

Ans:  When I hear people talk about others, I just listen and try to deduce what I can gain from the conversation. But I never gain anything anyway. So, I don’t look at other people’s life. If marriage wasn’t good for some people, then I think it was good to have left. This is just me sitting back to know what I want to do and what I should be doing.

Q: So, are you encouraging adultery and fornication?

Ans: There is a portion in the Bible which says a person who tells lies and a murderer would serve the same punishment. A hypocrite and a fornicator have committed the same sin.

Q: Are you saying fornication and adultery are no big deals to you?

Ans: All sins would be measured on the same scale.

Q: Not long ago, you dated a certain Shina, based in United Kingdom (UK), got engaged and almost married him before realising he was someone’s husband. What really happened?


Ans: Well, we were not engaged. I think all that happened because it was a distant relationship. I am in Nigeria and he is in the UK. Of course, issues happen; things that you cannot sit down and talk about in person or deal with on the phone. I just wasn’t prepared for the whole relationship. I was trying to see if I could manage a distant relationship, but I knew I was lying to myself at some point. And when that happened, I wasn’t shocked, nor was I heartbroken. He stays in the UK, and I reside in Nigeria, and I know it is just about six hours’ flight away. It just didn’t work out. I wasn’t dazed when I got to know that he was married. Someone tagged his marriage pictures on Facebook and I am sure he wasn’t even aware of it. The whole thing just came at the right time.

No comments:

Warri Official Blog™ © 2014. All Rights Reserved. Powered by PapaWarri